The Mayor of Hatfield
The Role of the Mayor
Each year Town Councillors elect one Councillor to become the Mayor of Hatfield. The role has both a symbolic and practical importance, the Mayor is the Town’s first citizen and represents Hatfield at various engagements during the year and chair full council meetings. The Mayor is the recognised representative of the Council on all civic and ceremonial occasions.
The Mayor is non-political and must be seen to represent every section of the community regardless of political persuasion. The role of the Mayor is to reflect the aims and strategies of the Council. During most engagements, the Mayor will wear the Chain and Badge of Office.
The Mayor of Hatfield, 2019-2020
Councillor Linda Mendez is the Mayor of Hatfield (Elect) for 2019-2020.
More information will be available very soon.
You can follow the Mayor on Twitter at @HatfieldMayor
Invite the Mayor to an event or meeting
If you would like to invite the Mayor to an event or meeting, please provide the following information, either by telephone, email or post.
Please provide us with at least four weeks’ notice. We will do our best to contact you with seven days of receiving the invite to confirm whether the Mayor can accept the invitation.
About the event
- Name of meeting or event
- Type of event e.g. visit, dinner, discussion
- Purpose of the event (please explain what it is for and why it is important)
- Reason for the Mayor’s attendance (what would you like the Mayor to do?)
Date and location
- Date of the event
- Address for the event (including postcode)
- Parking and access information
- Event start and end time
- What part of the event are you inviting the Mayor too? (whole event, opening)
- What time should the Mayor arrive?
Key contact details
Please send your request to:
Hatfield Town Council
c/o Birchwood Leisure Centre
T: 01707 262023