7th October 2020

 

Dear Councillor,

 

This is to inform you that the meeting of the Resources and Policy Committee will be held via Zoom 7.30pm on Wednesday 14th October 2020, to which you are summoned, for the transaction of the following business.  You can join the Zoom Meeting here

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85616702587?pwd=YmZNWlhGUlFUaTZPN0s2citzTHN4dz09

 

Meeting ID: 856 1670 2587

Passcode: 192691

 

Dial in

+44 203 481 5240

+44 203 901 7895

44 203 051 2874

 

Yours sincerely,

 

 

 

C. A. Lloyd

Town Clerk

 


 

AGENDA

1.               APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

            To receive apologies for absence, if any.

2.               QUESTION TIME

            The first fifteen minutes of the Meeting will be given over to questions from members of the public on issues relating to the work of the Committee.

3.               DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS BY MEMBERS

Members are reminded to make any declarations of disclosable pecuniary and/or personal interests that they may have in relation to items on this Agenda.

 

You should declare at this part of the meeting or when it becomes apparent your interest by stating:

 

(a)        the item you have the interest in

(b)        whether it is a disclosable pecuniary interest and the nature of the interest, whereupon you will not participate in the discussion or vote on that matter, unless dispensation has been requested and granted

(c)        whether it is a personal interest and the nature of the interest

 

Members are also reminded of their obligation to report any amendment to their Register of Interests to the Town Clerk as soon as it becomes apparent.

4.               MINUTES

To approve as a correct record the Minutes of the Meetings held on 20th August 2020 (copy attached).

 

In accordance with Standing Order 12;

 

a.     The draft minutes of a preceding meeting having been served on councillors with the agenda to attend the meeting at which they are due to be approved for accuracy, shall be taken as read.

b.     There shall be no discussion about the draft minutes of the preceding meeting except in relation to their accuracy. A motion to correct an inaccuracy in the draft minutes shall be moved in accordance with standing order 10(a)(i).

c.      The accuracy of draft minutes, including any amendment(s) made to them, shall be confirmed by resolution and shall be signed by the chairman of the meeting and stand as an accurate record of the meeting to which the minutes relate.

  1. If the chairman of the meeting does not consider the minutes to be an accurate record of the meeting to which they relate, they shall sign the minutes and include a paragraph in the following terms or to the same effect:

“The chairman of this meeting does not believe that the minutes of the meeting of the (   ) held on [date] in respect of (   ) were a correct record but their view was not upheld by the meeting and the minutes are confirmed as an accurate record of the proceedings.”

5.               ACTIONS FROM PREVIOUS MEETINGS

To note the actions report from previous meetings (attached)

 

6.               RECOMMENDATION FROM ESTABLISHMENT SUB COMMITTEE

To consider the recommendation from the Establishment Sub Committee contained in the attached minutes.

It has been suggested that this Committee place a spending cap on the services provided by HR Services Partnership and Members are also requested to agree what this cap should be (if agreed).

7.               DATE OF NEXT MEETING

The date of the next meeting is 9th December 2020.

8.               EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND THE PUBLIC

Recommended to RESOLVE that the press and public be excluded for the following items as their presence would be prejudicial to the public interest by reason of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted.

 

(i)               Commercial Matters (Attached)

9.               REQUESTS FOR LAND ACQUISITIONS – BIRCHWOOD PLAYING FIELDS

To consider the attached reports

10.            HEAD OF OPERATIONS’ REPORT

To consider the report of the Head of Operations (To follow)

 

 

Members:        Cllr T. Wiltshire, Cllr Margaret Eames-Petersen, Cllr Brennan, Cllr MacKay, Cllr Percival 

Ex-officio voting Members: Cllrs Brandon and Juggins

 

For Information: All other Members of the Council.

 


 

AGENDA ITEM 5

 

ACTIONS FROM RESOURCES AND POLICY COMMITTEE

 

DATE OF MEETING

ACTION

BY WHOM

 

 

 

 

 

6th July 2020

Tree planting report (to Sport & Leisure Cttee)

 

Head of Estates

To next meeting 25th Nov 2020

20th August 2020

Call deHavilland Grange Working Group

 

Cllr Eames-Petersen

Date set for 19th October 2020

3rd Sept 2020

Officers meet with Allotment Association re rent increase

 

Town Clerk and Office Manager

Meeting held 6th Oct 2020

3rd Sept 2020

Officers to look at Revenue streams and decrease in revenue and bring reports back reports to future meetings

Head of Operations

Report in confidential session of this agenda